47 Easy Ways To Make Your Home Sell Faster
Suggestions and ideas to improve your home's appearance and help you prepare to sell it faster!
Throughout The House
1. Open the draperies, pull up the shades, and let the sunlight in.
2. Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
3. Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating.
5. Keep your home dusted and vaccuumed at all times.
6. Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
7. Have a family "game plan" to get the home in order quickly if neccessary.
8. Air out your home for one-half hour before showings, if possible.
9. Lightly spray the house with air freshner so that it has a chnace to diffuse before the buyer arrives.
10. Put family photos in storage.
11. Improve traffic flow through every room by removing uneccessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unecessary furniture.
13. Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
14. Paint all interior walls a neutral colour to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
15. Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the home.
17. Wash all windows inside and out.
18. Use plants in transitional areas of your house.
19. Make use of your attic's potential.
20. Remove and/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires.
21. Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.
22. Remove all smoke and pet odours.
23. Replace or reapir bannisters and handrails.
In The Kitchen
24. Microwave small dish of vanilla twenty minutes before a showing and place it in an out-of-the-way place.
25. Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen with a table set for dinner.
26. The kitchen and bathrooms should always be spotlessly clean.
27. Expand your counter space by removing all small appliances.
In The Bedroom
28. Create a master suite effect in your decorating.
29. Depersonalize bedrooms and decorate in a neutral scheme.
30. Make sure the beds are made and the linens are clean.
31. Organize your closets, remove uneccessary items and put them in storage.
In The Bathrooms
32. Do not leave towels around and wipe down the sinks and shower areas after each use.
33. Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white.
34. Repair or replace broken tiles in the shower/tub.
35. Replace shower curtains and keep them clean.
36. Put out fresh towels and decorative soaps.
37. Keep the yard mowed and rakes at all times.
38. Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway, and patio.
39. Remove all toys, bicycles, tools, unsightly patio furniture, and trash from the yard.
40. Porches, steps, verandas, balconies, patios, and other extensions of the house should be kept uncluttered, swept, and in good condition.
41. Paint all entrance doors.
42. Make sure all garage doors open easily. Fix and paint garage door if neccessary.
43. Clean and shine all hardware and accessories indoors and out (door knobs, knockers, lamps, mail box, address numbers, etc.).
44. Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned.
45. Use a new doormat.
46. Be sure the front doorbell is in good working order.
47. Be sure the front door and screen door works perfectly.